Seattle Co~Arts History and Objectives
Elaine Cohn, Past President
Beth Betker, Past President
Nola Allen, Past President
Judith Heim, Past President
Seattle Co-Arts is a 68-year tradition in the Pacific Northwest arts community.
It was founded in 1949 as a small group of artists who wanted to get together and paint, with Margaret Mattocks as its founding president. In 1950 under the guidance of Judge Evangeline Starr, the group incorporated as a non-profit educational organization.
Today we have over 150 members and we continue to provide a forum for artists to meet and expand their love of art. Seattle Co-Arts embodies the original objectives of the group which are:
- To encourage creativity and artistic development
- To offer educational opportunities
- To present member’s work to the public
- To encourage community interest in the arts
- To cooperate with other organizations in furtherance of art appreciation